Picking out and designing the look of your home decor can be fun. Especially when it comes to stair treads in NH! Have you thought about adding a pop of color or texture to your stairways? Generally speaking, stair treads provide extra traction and flair. Overall, they can be a great addition to the home. At Rug Depot, we carry many design options and sizes for all different price points to fit your needs and budget. But, before you visit either our online store or showroom in Nashua, NH, here’s the scoop on how easy stair treads can be to install and care for.
How to install stair treads
One of the first things you’ll need to pick up to install stair treads in NH properly is a roll of double-sided carpet tape or adhesive pads. This is so you can easily install the stair treads without them sliding or moving, which can be a safety hazard. Now, here’s how to properly install them.
- Wash your staircase with soap and water to remove any dirt or oils. This will help them stay put over time.
- Next, measure the width of the stairs. You will want to mark the center-most point to guarantee the stair tread will be right in the middle.
- Then, place the tread to make sure it looks even.
- After, place the double-sided carpet tape on the backside of the tread and press down evenly, so they fit flat.
- Lastly, make sure all of the treads show the same amount of wood throughout the entire staircase and that all of the tapes are firmly pressed down.
Cleaning stair treads
Cleaning stair treads vary on the different types of carpet. But, for most styles, you can get away with one major cleaning each year and just spot cleaning when needed. For regular maintenance, vacuuming to prevent dirt accumulation is imperative. This will help the treads last significantly longer as built-up dirt can wear down fibers and compromise the carpet's integrity in the long run. But for yearly cleaning, it’s a good idea to remove them from the staircase and do a complete hand wash. Thus, all you need do is purchase the appropriate cleaner for the carpet and scrub gently!
Stair Treads in NH at Rug Depot
We carry many different types of stair treads in NH at Rug Depot. Stair treads are usually sold in sets of 13, and we have various widths and lengths available. For more information about what our professional sales team can do for you, give us a call at 1-800-733-4784.