Shopping for an area rug at Rug Depot is guaranteed to be a seamless experience. However, if you're shopping online and don't know where to start, we've compiled a list of dos and don'ts when choosing the perfect area rug. Keep your area rug search simple with our rug depot tips!
Area Rug Guidelines
First off, what is an area rug? In general, area rug is usually an accent rug that doesn't extend to the walls. In fact, most area rugs are meant to complement and anchor the furniture in that space. The most popular spaces of area rugs include dining and living areas.
An area rug should compliment your space and your style. When considering an area rug, make the shopping experience easier with these area rug guidelines.
Area Rug Dos Include:
- Ensure your area rug is the correct size. For example, your dining room area rug should extend just enough for the kitchen table and chairs to sit atop the rug when in use. Not sure about measurements? Our Rug Depot professionals can help you decide which size is best for your space.
- Area rugs are perfect for high-traffic areas. Area rugs are used for style, and they also protect your floorboards!
- Follow care instructions to improve the lifespan of your rugs. While natural fiber and jute rugs are versatile and easy to purchase, they require extra care compared to wool or synthetic fiber rugs.
Area Rug Don'ts Include:
- Don't be afraid to think outside the box. While area rugs complement your interior design, they should also add depth and color! Get creative with a unique design or color for your space.
- Don't go too small in your space. Area rugs come in a variety of sizes, and they can fit into the slimmest of hallways and the largest of bedrooms.
- Don't place your most expensive area rugs in areas of high traffic. Instead, opt for a less expensive option in areas with high foot traffic, including the kitchen, entryways, and dining areas.
Shop At Rug Depot
Shopping for area rugs shouldn't be a hassle. Take the guesswork out of your rug purchase at Rug Depot! If you're looking for an area rug for your space, you can shop confidently with our professional staff without compromising style or cost.